Sunday, May 16, 2010

Card Me

Thank god for cards! They're a great excuse to just make something, plus you get to give someone something handmade and special.

Here is the one I made Marcio for his birthday.
I used a page from my set of old encyclopedias and my grandpa's wooden stamps with acrylics.
Those encyclopedias have the BEST pictures and they're perfect for ideas when I need to whip up something quickly. Marcio and I were just talking about fencing the other day. I don't remember why...


Tied it up to hold the gift card inside

Here's the card Justine made for him. So cute! I love the thread.
Mother's Day card & envelope:
Made from recycled objects: brown paper bag, fabric & ribbon scraps, notebook paper, and the base of the card was saved from some sticker packaging.
I sewed "mom" into the ribbon, but I kind of think it looks like "nom." haha. One of these days I should learn how to embroider.
I love mixing thread, paper, and fabric. Love different textures.

This week's chapstick is the Orca Team chapstick! Orca Team is an awesome minimalist surf pop band from Portland. We played with them when they were touring through Riverside and they sold these at their merch table!! How awesome is that?! I'm not sure what kind of chapstick it really is, but I like it.
Listen to them: http://www.myspace.com/orcateamband

No comments: