Saturday, February 26, 2011

Homemade Stationery

I have a couple long-distance friends that I write letters to, so I'm always in need of stationery, but whenever I buy a set, it never comes with enough paper! I write long letters and always end up using lined paper.

I've been wanting to make my own stationery for a while, but I haven't had the chance to sit down and do it, until I got sick again and had to stay home.

So I finally got the chance! I wasn't sure what to do at first, but I started going through all my stuff and found these old books that I had gotten at estate sales and yard sales.

This graph paper and sketch book have perfectly-browned paper, so I started experimenting with that as my border. Then I found this old math workbook, with the cutest pictures, so I sort of tried to make a theme for each page.


I just glued them on regular printer paper, cut in half.
Then I scanned them, arranged them in a word documents (2 to a sheet), printed them out,
and cut them in half.

Endless stationery!

Here are the pages I scanned so you can print some out for yourself if you want! Click twice to enlarge and save.
I would make the image bleed a little, so it goes all the way to the edge of the paper. (I had to select a "borderless" option for my page layout in microsoft word in order to do this, and it took a couple tries to arrange them, so they wouldn't get cut off).




I'm so excited about these! I have some more ideas for envelope templates and more stationery themes, and hopefully I can find an easy way for people to download them and print them out.


I can't wait to go write some letters! I know Tubby can't either.

(BTW- I've been having trouble changing my background color, or anything really. Is anyone else having trouble with the advanced template designer? Or does anyone know of another way to change things on here?)

No comments: