Thursday, January 21, 2010

Feeling Felt

So I've been thinking about switching over to tumblr, but I don't know! I like having everything in one place and everything is already here.

I thought I'd update with a couple of things I made recently. I guess I'm kind of into felt right now. I this book for Christmas, that has a lot of fun projects:

I haven't made anything out of the book yet, but maybe it has something to do with my incorporating felt into these projects:

A birthday card for Mia, with a felt, stitched envelope

I've also had this project in my head for a while that I wanted to make. A girl with felt features, based off of this little character I drew yeeeeeeears ago. I just happened to scribble her in just the right way and I don't think I can ever really re-create her, but I feel like there's character to her, so I held on to it.

So this is a more grown-up version of her



Made of paper, felt, and ink. The swirly border around her is wire that I painted and sewed on to the paper (I couldn't really get it to stay any other way) and the flowers are cut out from lace. My favorite part is her cheeks, which is felt that I pulled apart, and made into thin little cotton-like balls.



I've had this frame for a while and I finally have something in it!

And since I just found these cute pictures, my Tubby:


No comments: