Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Press Kits

So I've had this vision for our press kits for a while now. I wanted to use old manila folders and have everything laid out nicely.

It actually took a while to get it all sorted out, due to my being picky. I couldn't find a font that I liked, so I ended up typing everything out on my typewriter, scanning it, fixing it in photoshop, trying to arrange it right, and printing it.

Since the folders are recycled, I used ribbon with double-sided tape to cover up the old labels.

It's got some reviews, contact info, info about shows, our bio, photo, and music!

Used a sewing machine to stitch on the paper. Glue would be so much faster, but the thread really makes it special.
The reviews here are 3 pages, and sewed at the top, so the viewer can flip the pages up.

I love how they turned out, but I just spent about 2 and 1/2 hours just making 11 of them! Too much detail. I'll probably make some more of them, but I'm definitely going to make them easier to assemble next time.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

2 1/2 hrs is pretty good I think for how they came out. They look great!