Thursday, May 5, 2011

put it in a book

For my dad's birthday this year, he told me that we wanted lyrics to all of our songs.
This was great because
1. I never know what to get my dad, so I like when he gives me ideas.
2. I love making things, so it was almost like a gift to me.
3. That's just cute that that was all he asked for.

I knew that it needed to be really special, so I put a lot of thought into how I wanted to present each song. I came up with this little book:


(I've been using a lot of tissue paper lately, and discovered that by placing one or two layers over this crisp type-writing, it softens it up and gives it a sort of foggy, dreamy touch)





My dad loved it! It made me so happy.
And when our new album comes out, he will get book #2!
Hopefully it will be a series of books...


No comments: