Monday, September 14, 2009

transformation ideas

layne, whose apartment was featured in my last post, turned me on to apartmenttherapy.com
HELLO!
i already have an idea i think i might like to try.

i have lots of ikea furniture that i'd like to spruce up a bit. i know what i want to do for my bookshelf, but as far as my dresser, i'm still trying to think of ideas.
i will definitely replace the handles with better ones.

last night i came up with the idea of taking apart an old clock or something and attaching numbers to the drawers. i still like that idea.

however, i just came across the idea of paint and decoupage.
check it out:




my dresser happens to be the same beachwood brown color and i think it would look perfect with a light cream color just on the faces of the drawers.
hmm....

No comments: